Marketing & Communications
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
We are a mission-driven company with the purpose to establish a safer world!
Our award-winning SaaS-based compliance and sustainability solutions empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement, and create new growth opportunities. With recent incremental capital investment and a new leadership mandate, we are on a path to accelerating growth and significantly expanding the breadth and depth of our customer relationships.
Are you ready to do your part? Come join us!
The industry reporter will be responsible for researching, investigating, and reporting on developments, trends, and news related to the chemical safety sector. The role is vital in providing accurate and informative content around product and workplace safety practices, compliance processes and trends, and technology developments around chemical safety and sustainability.
The reporter will write about chemical safety and sustainability developments from the biggest manufacturers, retailers, tech, and other providers across sectors in North America and select global providers.
The reporter will report relevant “hard news” promptly and write features that provide near-term and long-term analysis for 3E clients.
What You'll Do
- Research current trends, issues, and innovations in chemical safety.
- Investigate chemical safety incidents, accidents, and regulatory compliance matters
- Conduct interviews with industry executives, scientists, and other industry insiders to gather information and insights
- Write in-depth news articles, features, and reports on chemical safety topics
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant industry sources.
- Attending press and industry conferences as required.
- Collaborate with 3E’s editorial teams to deliver sector insights across products and platforms.
- Work with 3E’s product and commercial teams to maximize customer engagement with our news products and to leverage news to maximize engagement with other products.
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in news gathering/writing accurate and impartial news and feature stories
- Knowledge of the chemical, health, and safety industry a plus
- Knowledge of major chemical safety regulations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet editorial deadlines
- Ability to stay on top and ahead of legal developments relevant to 3E clients
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate sources
- Ability to research and comprehend complex industry landscapes
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle different deadlines
- Comfortable moderating or speaking at internal or external meetings and conferences
- Ability to stay on top and ahead of industry developments
- Analytical skills and ability to produce data-driven stories
Visit us at https://www.3eco.com/
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/3e-safer-world/
3E is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. 3E is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. For applicants who would like to request accommodation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENCIES: 3E is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at 3E via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of 3E. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by 3E because of the referral or through other means.