Senior Director, Operational Excellence
Sales & Business Development
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
We are a mission-driven company with the purpose to establish a safer world!
Our award-winning SaaS-based compliance and sustainability solutions empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement, and create new growth opportunities. With recent incremental capital investment and a new leadership mandate, we are on a path to accelerating growth and significantly expanding the breadth and depth of our customer relationships.
Are you ready to do your part? Come join us!
We are looking for an experienced leader to launch a program to drive Operational Excellence across the 3E enterprise.
What You'll Do
- Strategic Leadership and Program Management
- Spearhead the development of a robust operational excellence strategy that aligns with the company's vision.
- Identify areas for improvement, set strategic priorities, and lead transformation initiatives.
- Establish and staff the Operational Excellence Center of Excellence at 3E.
- Productivity and Efficiency
- Identify and implement initiatives that enhance productivity, particularly in areas directly impacting customer service.
- Focus on streamlining processes and removing inefficiencies in customer service workflows.
- Process Improvement and Optimization
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of existing workflows to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Implement process redesigns and optimizations for better efficiency.
- Build processes and tools for prioritizing and managing improvement initiatives.
- Performance Management and KPI Development
- Develop a framework for setting, monitoring, and reviewing KPIs across operational functions.
- Ensure KPIs align with the company's strategic objectives and operational goals.
- Provide regular updates to senior stakeholders with measurable progress metrics.
- Customer Experience Enhancement
- Integrate customer feedback into the operational improvement process.
- Drive continuous improvements in service delivery based on customer insights.
- Technology Integration
- Facilitate the evaluation and implementation of cutting-edge technology and automation solutions with appropriate ROIs.
- Develop frameworks to help teams/leaders focus on areas with the highest impact on delivery and CSAT.
- Culture of Excellence
- Promote a company culture that values innovation, continuous improvement, and employee engagement.
- Encourage and recognize team contributions to operational enhancements.
- Team Development and Champion Mentoring
- Build and lead a team of operational excellence professionals.
- Identify and mentor Operational Excellence champions across various functions.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and development opportunities.
- Operational Compliance and Governance
- Ensure all operational processes adhere to defined standards.
- Develop and implement compliance training and tracking programs.
- Establish appropriate governance and reporting with 3E’s offshore partners.
- Global Workforce Strategy and Contractor Management
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for a diverse and inclusive global workforce.
- Develop an onboarding framework that facilitates an efficient and effective path to “productive”.
- Establish infrastructure for managing/measuring (responsibility definition) employee and contractor performance and supporting leadership and corporate functions for reporting and governance.
- Cross-Functional Synergy
- Facilitate collaboration and alignment between operational excellence initiatives and other departments.
- Ensure changes are integrated smoothly and meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined in the annual Performance Plan.
- Perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Bachelor’s degree or related years of experience in the field required
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a project manager (CAPM or PMP certification strongly preferred)
- Proven experience in strategic leadership and operational excellence.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability in process optimization, performance management, and team development.
- Skilled in integrating technology and driving change within an organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Smartsheet
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence a plus
- Experience documenting and improving business processes (LEAN experience a plus)
- Experience developing and delivering training
- Experience working in a globally distributed workforce
- Effective at prioritizing work and making decisions based on strategic guidance
- Commitment to 3E’s values of safety, sustainability, and compliance.
Visit us at https://www.3eco.com/
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/3e-safer-world/
3E is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. 3E is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. For applicants who would like to request accommodation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENCIES: 3E is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at 3E via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of 3E. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by 3E because of the referral or through other means.