Reporter- Regulatory and Legal
Marketing & Communications, Legal
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
We are a mission-driven company with the purpose to establish a safer world!
Our award-winning SaaS-based compliance and sustainability solutions empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement, and create new growth opportunities. With recent incremental capital investment and a new leadership mandate, we are on a path to accelerating growth and significantly expanding the breadth and depth of our customer relationships.
Are you ready to do your part? Come join us!
The regulatory reporter will be responsible for covering North America's environment, health, and safety (EHS) policy, legal developments, as well as voluntary guidelines by industry groups and associations.
The reporter will research and write topics concerning regimes related to restricted substances, packaging, labeling, and storage requirements. The reporter will also cover regulatory and legal developments concerning sustainability with a focus on the supply chain.
The reporter will frequently attend press meetings, conferences, and other events in the Washington D.C. area and elsewhere.
The reporter will report relevant “hard news” on time and write features that provide in-depth analysis for 3E clients.
What You'll Do
- Research and produce accurate, timely, and impactful news stories on laws and regulations and select industry developments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant policy and industry sources.
- Attending press and industry conferences as required.
- Collaborate with 3E’s editorial teams to deliver sector insights across products and platforms.
- Collaborate with 3E’s product and commercial teams to maximize customer engagement with our news products and to leverage news to maximize engagement with other products.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in news gathering/writing accurate and impartial news and feature stories
- Demonstrated ability to meet editorial deadlines
- Knowledge of North American state legislative and regulatory process
- Ability to research and comprehend complex regulatory landscapes; knowledge of EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety)/Chemicals Industry
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate sources
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle different deadlines
- Comfortable moderating or speaking at internal or external meetings and conferences
- Ability to stay on top and ahead of regulatory and some industry developments
- Analytical skills and ability to produce data-driven stories
Visit us at https://www.3eco.com/
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/3e-safer-world/
3E is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. 3E is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. For applicants who would like to request accommodation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENCIES: 3E is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at 3E via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of 3E. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by 3E because of the referral or through other means.