Reporter - Sustainability/ESG
Marketing & Communications
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
We are a mission-driven company with the purpose to establish a safer world!
Our award-winning SaaS-based compliance and sustainability solutions empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement, and create new growth opportunities. With recent incremental capital investment and a new leadership mandate, we are on a path to accelerating growth and significantly expanding the breadth and depth of our customer relationships.
Are you ready to do your part? Come join us!
The industry reporter will be responsible for researching, investigating, and reporting on developments, trends, and news related to sustainability and ESG impacting chemical and workplace safety. The role is vital in producing accurate and informative content around compliance, sustainability, ESG reporting, circularity, and supply chain management.
The reporter will report relevant “hard news” on time and write features that provide near-term and long-term analysis for 3E clients.
What You'll Do
- Research trends, issues, and innovations in sustainability and ESG related to chemical management
- Conduct interviews with industry executives, scientists, and other industry insiders to gather news and insights about product compliance, sustainability, and circularity
- Write in-depth news articles, features, and reports covering the entire supply chain ecosystem, both upstream and downstream participants
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant industry sources.
- Attending press and industry conferences as required
- Collaborate with 3E’s editorial teams to deliver sector insights across products and platforms
- Work with 3E’s product and commercial teams to maximize customer engagement with our news products and to leverage news to maximize engagement with other products
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in news gathering/writing accurate and impartial news and feature stories
- Knowledge of chemical management, sustainability, circularity, and ESG a major plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet editorial deadlines
- Ability to stay on top and ahead of legal developments relevant to 3E clients
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate sources
- Ability to research and comprehend complex industry landscapes
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle different deadlines
- Comfortable moderating or speaking at internal or external meetings and conferences
- Ability to stay on top and ahead of industry developments
- Analytical skills and ability to produce data-driven stories
Visit us at https://www.3eco.com/
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/3e-safer-world/
3E is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. 3E is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. For applicants who would like to request accommodation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENCIES: 3E is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at 3E via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of 3E. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by 3E because of the referral or through other means.