Reporter - Data Journalist
Marketing & Communications
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
We are a mission-driven company with the purpose to establish a safer world!
Our award-winning SaaS-based compliance and sustainability solutions empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement, and create new growth opportunities. With recent incremental capital investment and a new leadership mandate, we are on a path to accelerating growth and significantly expanding the breadth and depth of our customer relationships.
Are you ready to do your part? Come join us!
The data journalist works in collaboration with the news team to uncover and report on news stories using data. You will be responsible for using internal and external data, analyzing and visualizing data to provide insights, context, and in-depth reporting on various topics.
The data journalist will research topics concerning North America and select global EHS (environmental, health, and safety) regulatory and legal topics, as well as sustainability and ESG developments.
The data journalist might attend press meetings, conferences, and other events in the industry with reporting staff to stay on top of industry trends.
What You'll Do
- Create data visualizations, such as charts, graphics, maps, and interactive tools, to enhance the storytelling
- Research and gather relevant data from various sources, including internal databases, as well as government and industry sources
- Verify and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the collected data
- Use data analytical tools to identify trends and anomalies within the data collection
- Interpret data to extract insights and angles for news stories
- Collaborate with reporters and/or subject matter experts for content development
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Data Science, statistics, journalism, Communications, marketing or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in news and/or research preferred
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, and Python, or data visualization tools like Tableau
- Knowledge of North American or global legislative and regulatory processes a plus
- Knowledge of chemical management, product safety, supply chain, and sustainability a plus
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle different deadlines
Visit us at https://www.3eco.com/
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/3e-safer-world/
3E is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. 3E is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. For applicants who would like to request accommodation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AGENCIES: 3E is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at 3E via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of 3E. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by 3E because of the referral or through other means.