Senior Revenue Accountant
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
We are a mission-driven company with the purpose to establish a safer world!
Our award-winning SaaS-based compliance and sustainability solutions empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement, and create new growth opportunities. With recent incremental capital investment and a new leadership mandate, we are on a path to accelerating growth and significantly expanding the breadth and depth of our customer relationships.
Are you ready to do your part? Come join us!
The Senior Revenue Accountant is a key member of the Accounting team and will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and requires a detail-oriented professional with a commitment to quality and meeting deadlines.
What You'll Do:
- Review sales orders to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Perform revenue close activities: prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analyses
- Implement best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy in revenue accounting processes
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation within the monthly close process
- Research accounting guidance and document the Company’s position on various revenue transactions
- Perform bad debt/allowance for doubtful accounts analyses and prepare related journal entries
- Oversee ASC 842 lease accounting
- Support NetSuite ARM enhancement projects, as required
- Maintain strong lines of communication and partnership cross-functionally to drive best practices in revenue
- Support various financial statement audits
- Other duties as assigned
What'll Make You a Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience, with both Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in the SaaS/software industry preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet challenging deadlines
- Commitment to continuously seek opportunities to improve productivity and accuracy
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, and power user of Excel
- CPA license
- Experience using NetSuite, our accounting ERP
Visit us at https://www.3eco.com/
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/3e-safer-world/
3E is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. 3E is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. For applicants who would like to request accommodation please send an email to email@example.com
AGENCIES: 3E is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at 3E via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of 3E. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by 3E because of the referral or through other means.